CAIRO - A leading independent Egyptian daily has fired its chief editor, an outspoken government critic, amid what journalists are calling a state crackdown on the media ahead of parliamentary elections.
CAIRO - It's rare in Egypt's pop culture to get a direct and frank look inside the minds of Egyptian women and what they really think of marriage and love.
CAIRO - Egypt's Coptic Christian leader Pope Shenouda III apologized in a television interview Sunday to any Muslims who were offended after his top bishop reportedly disputed the authenticity of some verses of the Quran.
CAIRO - Egypt's top Islamic institution criticized a senior Coptic bishop who reportedly disputed the authenticity of some verses of the Quran, warning that the statement threatened Egypt's national unity.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - A police commissioner says members of a radical Muslim sect killed two people in northern Nigeria, the latest motorcycle slayings by the group.
- Church prays for Sudan peace before freedom vote
- Kuwait strips Shiite activist of citizenship
- AU peacekeepers expand bases in Somali capital
- Muslims throng mosques to celebrate end of Ramadan
- Muslims see Quran burning as threat to God's word
- Clinton, Gates denounce planned Quran burning
- Egypt opposition leader claims official harassment
- Egypt TV show stirs debate over Muslim Brotherhood
- Hamas among intractable issues in Mideast talks
- Pro-Vatican politicians irked by Gadhafi in Rome
- Gadhafi gives lesson on Islam to young Italians
- Kenya: Sudan presidential visit 'in our interest'
- Tut-tut: Security problems seen in Egypt's museums
- Egypt power cuts deepen suffering in fasting month
- Tensions simmer in Spanish enclave in North Africa
- Nigeria: Election pressure mounts for quiet leader
- Morocco border blockade of Spain enclave suspended
- Morocco halts fresh food shipments to Spanish city
- Food prices in Somali capital go up during Ramadan
- Nigeria: Ruling party leader supports president
- Cairo mosques begin unified call to prayer
- Moroccan protesters block Spanish enclave border
- Top Islamic institution slams Quran-burning plan
- Mideast summer heat adds hardship to Ramadan fast
- Muslim court clause brings spotlight in Kenya vote
- Va. man stuck in Egypt on no-fly list coming to US
- Nigeria: 5 die in new religious violence
- Millions mourn death of Senegal religious leader
- Icelandic leader in milestone gay marriage
- American on US no-fly list stranded in Egypt
- American stuck in Egypt due to no-fly list
- Malawi: Christian sect in measles vaccine standoff
- Muslim org seeks return of Va. man stuck in Egypt
- Turkey's Erdogan: emerging leader in Muslim world
- Egyptians married to Israelis to lose citizenship