AMRITSAR/CHANDIGARH - The Golden Temple complex in Amritsar Sunday shimmered with tens of hundreds of lights put up to decorate the holiest of Sikh shrines to mark Gurpurab, the 541st birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, Sikhism's founder.
AMRITSAR/CHANDIGARH - The Golden Temple complex in Amritsar shimmered in zillions of lights Sunday put up to decorate the holiest of Sikh shrines to mark 'Gurpurab', the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, Sikhism's founder.
AMRITSAR - Barack Obama's proposed visit next month to this Sikh holy city is off his itinerary, but Sikh religious leaders here say that the doors of the shrine are open for the US president to visit anytime.
AMRITSAR - US President Barack Obama's proposed visit to the Golden Temple seems to have run into trouble over the issue of what headgear he would wear to enter the holiest Sikh shrine.
AMRITSAR - When US President Barack Obama lands in India next month, his itinerary will include a visit to the Golden Temple here, the holiest Sikh shrine.
- President offers prayers at Golden Temple
- Printing of Guru Granth Sahib allowed abroad
- Obama security team visits Amritsar
- Obama’s security team visits Amritsar
- Sarnas appear before Akal Takht, panel set up on Phoolka charges
- Summoned by Akal Takht, Sarna brothers seek fresh date
- 1984 riots: Akal Takht stands behind Phoolka
- Hymns to nature at the Golden Temple
- SGPC not averse to printing Guru Granth Sahib abroad
- Now online donations to Golden Temple
- London mugging hero declared Sikh martyr
- Former Akal Takht head excommunicated from Sikh religion
- Akal Takht approves changes in Nanakshahi calendar