Arts And Entertainment
NEW YORK - David Valdes Greenwood was 15 when he climbed to the highest arch of a bridge in his small Maine town and got ready to jump.
CAIRO - A leading independent Egyptian daily has fired its chief editor, an outspoken government critic, amid what journalists are calling a state crackdown on the media ahead of parliamentary elections.
CAIRO - It's rare in Egypt's pop culture to get a direct and frank look inside the minds of Egyptian women and what they really think of marriage and love.
NEW YORK - Conceptual sketches of the Islamic center planned two blocks from ground zero envision a futuristic-looking building wrapped in a honeycomb of abstract shapes, with a core containing far more space for secular pursuits than religious worship.
In 1939, about 5,000 copies of a book offering hopeless drunks a spiritual path to recovery through 12 steps were released by a fledgling fellowship of alcoholics.
- Lawyer: Other young men went on trips with pastor
- Seattle cartoonist goes into hiding on FBI advice
- Former British PM Tony Blair gets Liberty Medal
- Japanese cult director in Venice with samurai film
- Sex, violence, Islam: Syrian TV soap raises drama
- 9 years gone, everyone's a ground zero stakeholder
- Egypt TV show stirs debate over Muslim Brotherhood
- Abbas: No peace talks with settlement building
- Tut-tut: Security problems seen in Egypt's museums
- Troops: Skipping Christian concert got us punished
- Wear wristwatch? Use e-mail? Not for Class of '14
- Malaysia TV completes quest for Muslim role model
- Novelist Anne Rice says she's leaving Christianity
- Painting at center of Caravaggio mystery unveiled
- Vatican reverses itself, painting not a Caravaggio
- Opponents pack hearing on mosque near ground zero
- Police: Cult comic writer Pekar dead at 70 in Ohio
- Moscow curators say their trial is political
- Personality cult rises up around Kazakh president
- AP INTERVIEW: Passion Play called more balanced
- 50th Catholic parish is closing in Cleveland
- 50th parish to close in huge Cleveland downsizing
- Nevada's Angle retracts comment to 'take out' Reid
- Malaysia reality TV seeks young male Muslim leader
- Lasers uncover first icons of Sts. Peter and Paul
- 4th century icons of Peter and Paul found in Rome
- Newt Gingrich promotes film on Pope John Paul II
- Comedy Central chided for proposed Jesus cartoon
- Rushdie says fatwa only a minor issue now
- Elton John performance in Morocco raises outcry
- Elton John to perform in Morocco despite outcry
- Arab-Americans delight in Miss USA victory
- Arab-American from Michigan crowned 2010 Miss USA
- Schlockey films gain instant cult status via Net
- Comedy Central considers series about Jesus Christ