BAGHDAD - The flurry to close the first chapter of Iraq's seven-month political drama is suddenly intense with angry Sunnis pledging to dig in for a fight while Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki tries to win over the last few allies he needs to stay in power.
BAGHDAD - Bahrain's king warned that mosques would be key targets in sweeps against suspected Shiite dissent in his tiny Gulf nation and vital U.S.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - FBI agents visited Thursday with a minister of a small Florida church that plans to burn the Quran on Sept.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - As Florida officials worried about public safety surrounding a small church's plan to burn the Quran, President Barack Obama added his voice to the chorus of opposition to a minister's intention to burn copies of Islam's holiest text to mark the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Safety concern for Fla. gov. over 9/11 Quran burn
- Muslims in Bahrain, Pakistan protest Quran burning
- Bahrain calls Quran burning plans 'shameful'
- Govt takes over Bahrain human rights group
- Bahrain steps up pressure on Shiite 'plotters'
- NYC mayor supports mosque near WTC at Ramadan meal
- NY archbishop worries about tone of mosque debate
- Voices rise in favor of moving proposed NY mosque
- NY gov, archbishop to discuss mosque near WTC site
- Mideast passions quiet over NY mosque showdown
- NY mosque imam: Attention from project is positive
- Rallies over mosque near ground zero get heated
- Shiites say Bahrain crackdown sets back relations
- NY mosque imam: US rights in line with true Islam
- NYC imam's goodwill tour comes amid mosque furor
- NY mosque imam: Extremism is global threat
- NY mosque imam in Mideast for outreach tour
- US spending $16,000 for imam's Mideast tour
- US govt sending ground zero mosque imam to Mideast
- NY governor offers help moving ground zero mosque
- Vatican's top cleric in Arabia walks a thin line