BEIJING - A Buddhist monk has become popular for performing pop music, using latest gadgets and wearing fashionable gowns while travelling in China to spread his religion.
BEIJING - China has rejected as "imprudent" the Vatican's criticism of a recent national congress of Chinese Catholics, blaming the Vatican for damaging relations between the two sides.
BEIJING - Over 24,000 Chinese Muslims will visit Mecca in Saudi Arabia for the Haj pilgrimage this year, Xinhua reported Monday.
HONG KONG - Roman Catholic activists accused Hong Kong's government on Thursday of trying to block an upcoming prayer meeting aimed at showing solidarity with underground believers on the Chinese mainland.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church is in talks with the People's Republic of China to improve relations for church members living in mainland China, church officials said in a statement Monday.
- Vatican, China OK new bishop as relations warm
- What happens when the Dalai Lama dies?
- US, China begin human rights talks
- Dalai Lama tells AP: Exiles must press China talks
- Buddhist culture relics damaged in China earthquake
- 2 China lawyers who defended Falun Gong face ban
- Ethnic group in Myanmar gears up for war, peace
- Shanghai World Expo forecasts 70 million visitors
- Dalai Lama: China aims to annihilate Buddhism
- China expects further Xinjiang separatist attacks
- China says missing Panchen Lama is living in Tibet
- Dalai Lama-picked Panchen Lama not valid: China
- Panchen Lama named to top advisory body in China
- Missionary who was held in N. Korea arrives in US
- US missionary freed by NKorea starts journey home
- We tried to dispel China’s doubts: Dalai Lama’s envoys
- New China-Tibet talks prompt speculation on shift
- Chow says Confucius will succeed along with Avatar
- Chinese underground bishop Yao dies at 87
- Vatican to review security after papal knock-down