BEIRUT - In a new Syrian soap opera, a beautiful green-eyed young woman named Layla is torn over whether to take off the niqab, the billowing black Islamic garb that hides every part of her except her eyes.
BEIRUT - Two Shiite Muslim television stations in Lebanon canceled a controversial program about Jesus on Friday, saying they do not want to stir up sectarian conflict in the country.
BEIRUT - The final episode of an Iranian television series called "The Messiah" was banned Friday in Lebanon, after a complaint from Catholics.
BEIRUT - A Lebanese Christian Maronite bishop called late Thursday on Hezbollah television to stop airing a Ramadan series called Al Maseeh, Arabic for Jesus.
LONDON - Britain's ambassador to Beirut angered Israelis and embarrassed officials in London after writing a blog post praising the late Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Lebanon's top Shiite cleric, who supported Hezbollah's and other militants' attacks on Israel.
- Iraqi PM pays respects to late top Lebanese cleric
- Thousands attend funeral of Hezbollah leader
- Tens of thousands march in Shiite cleric's funeral
- Top Lebanese Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75
- Lebanese Shias mourning death of leader Fadlallah
- Lebanese Shia cleric dies
- Lebanon's top Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75
- Lebanese mark war's outbreak with political soccer