BERLIN - Europe's largest Buddhist centre has got the go-ahead for a site at a former military complex outside Cologne, it was confirmed Friday.
BERLIN - Alina Treiger, the first woman rabbi in Germany since the Holocaust, was ordained by liberal Jews near Berlin Thursday with the country's president, Christian Wulff, welcoming her.
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel demanded Monday that Muslims living in Germany conform to "fundamental German values", saying there was no leeway on the issue.
BERLIN - A spokesman for Germany's Jesuits says they plan to pay the victims of sexual abuse in the order's schools a "symbolic compensation" of at least euro5,000 ($6,500).
BERLIN - Thilo Sarrazin was a board member of Germany's august central bank until he wrote a book claiming German society was being made "dumber" by Muslim immigrants.
- Danish Muhammad cartoonist receives German prize
- Danish ‘Mohammed’ cartoonist to receive German prize
- Germany's central bank rejects racist comments
- Bundesbank: top banker's comments unacceptable
- Divisive German banker launches immigration book
- German soccer gets ruling on Ramadan fasting
- Experts slam organizers over Germany stampede
- AP INTERVIEW: Passion Play called more balanced
- Germany bishop who resigned sticks to his decision
- Bishop says he was pressured into resignation
- Synagogue torched in Germany
- German bishop offers to resign over abuse
- Report: German bishop offers to quit
- Bishop convicted for denying Holocaust
- Bishop Williamson convicted of Holocaust denial
- Bishop tried for allegedly denying Holocaust
- German theologian urges bishops to disobey pope
- Aga Khan's Islamic treasures go on show in Berlin
- German bishop surprised at number of abuse cases
- Pope's former diocese admits error over priest
- Official: Pope brother's apology 'wonderful sign'
- Muslim fashion label conquers streets of Europe
- Pope's brother's choir faces abuse claims
- German Lutheran church leader gets support
- Berlin film follows Muslims struggling with crises
- Germany mulls burqa ban