ANAHEIM, Calif. - Disney is allowing a Muslim employee at its Orange County park to wear a specially designed headscarf after initially objecting to her religious head covering, the Council on American-Islamic Relations said Monday.
TEMECULA, Calif. - After the Mediterranean climate and sandy soil, winemaker Ray Falkner said his greatest asset is the view of rolling vine-covered hills from the top of his property in Southern California.
LOS ANGELES - Five adults and eight children from a "cult-like" group in Southern California were reported missing by their families Saturday, and the group left behind letters that they were awaiting "the Rapture or some other catastrophic event," a sheriff's official said.
SAN FRANCISCO - A retired Presbyterian minister was found guilty of misconduct Friday by a church court for officiating the weddings of 16 gay couples when same-sex marriage was legal in California.
- Mosque flap tests limits of US tolerance
- NYC mosque draws interfaith support in California
- Muslim employee: Disney banned her head scarf
- Far from ground zero, opponents fight new mosques
- Mormon church 'regrets' Calif. gay marriage ruling
- Gay Lutheran pastors to join church roster
- CA gay marriage trial to resume after long break
- As Clinton counsel, Kagan defended religion rights
- Calif. high court to hear church's property appeal
- San Diego Christian lawyers lose bids to be judges
- Woman told to remove headscarf for Calif DMV photo
- Armenian church sues Getty museum over Bible pages
- Christian conservatives target seated judges
- LA Catholics welcome coadjutor archbishop
- LA Catholics to welcome coadjutor archbishop
- Episcopal church ordains its 2nd openly gay bishop
- Episcopal church in LA ordains 2nd gay bishop
- Episcopal church in LA to ordain 2nd gay bishop
- Schlockey films gain instant cult status via Net
- High court supports Mojave cross in Calif.
- LA cardinal: Nazism in Arizona immigration bill
- Calif. city may face legal action over prayer vote
- Gomez introduced as next leader of LA archdiocese
- Judge dimisses wage claims in Scientology lawsuit
- 1963 letter shows former pope knew of abuse
- Church charges Calif minister over gay weddings
- AP Top News at 6:42 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 6:35 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 6:28 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 6:24 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 6:21 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 6:14 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 6:07 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 5:56 p.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 5:53 p.m. EDT