WASHINGTON - Tony La Russa doesn't understand the minor backlash that's been created by his participation in radio personality Glenn Beck's rally in Washington on Saturday, an event the St.
HAVANA - The Roman Catholic Church said Wednesday it has intervened again on behalf of a political dissident, this time helping the ailing son of one of Cuba's top revolutionary heroes go to the United States for medical treatment.
HAVANA - The mother of a Cuban political prisoner who died following a hunger strike held a march in her son's honor without incident Sunday, as pro-government mobs that had broken up the demonstration for weeks stayed away.
HAVANA - Roman Catholic officials said Friday they had a humanitarian obligation to broker a landmark deal in which Cuba promised to free 52 political prisoners - answering island opposition activists who complained of being left out of negotiations.
HAVANA - Amnesty International is calling on Cuban authorities to stop disrupting weekly marches by the mother of a political prisoner who died following a lengthy hunger strike.
- 7 Cuban dissidents find freedom in Spain
- 7 Cuban political prisoners arrive in Spain
- Chavez, Venezuelan church clash over freedoms
- Cuba Church announces release of 12 more prisoners
- Cuban Church announces release of 5 more prisoners
- Church: Cuba agrees to free 52 political prisoners
- Church: Cuba offers to free 52 political prisoners
- Church: Cuba offers to free 47 political prisoners
- FM: Spain wants more progress on Cuba human rights
- Chicago cardinal heads to eastern Cuba for 2 days
- Raul Castro suits up for Vatican envoy in Havana
- Cuban Catholic Church hopes pope can visit in 2012
- Cuba, Vatican say talks on dissidents continuing
- Vatican foreign minister in Cuba amid high hopes
- Official: US lacks moral authority to judge Cuba
- Cuba frees 1 political prisoner, transfers 6 more
- Church: Cuba agrees to free political prisoner
- Church in Cuba hopes for more progress on inmates
- Cuba moving political prisoners
- Cuba dissidents still waiting for promised changes
- Cuba to transfer political prisoners close to home
- Cuban cardinal wants political prisoners freed
- Cuban president meets with church leader
- Vatican foreign minister to visit Cuba in June
- Cuba's Catholic cardinal says country in crisis
- Trinidad PM: Spiritual adviser gets no gov't help
- Haiti judge: No release of US Baptists this week
- Idaho church prays for Americans held in Haiti
- Travolta lands in Haiti piloting relief supplies
- Haitians seeking US refuge will be returned
- Cuba's Santeria priests see unrest in 2010