GUADALAJARA, Mexico - Gay rights activists and a group of Roman Catholics in Mexico have yelled insults at each other during dueling demonstrations over same-sex marriage.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico City's leftist mayor says he will take legal action if a Roman Catholic cardinal doesn't apologize for suggesting he bribed the Supreme Court to uphold a city law allowing adoptions by same-sex couples.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Supreme Court voted Monday to uphold a Mexico City law allowing adoptions by same-sex couples, drawing jubilant cheers from gay advocacy groups and angry protests from Roman Catholic Church representatives.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Supreme Court ruled Thursday that a law allowing same-sex marriages in Mexico City is constitutional, rejecting an appeal by federal prosecutors who argued it violated the charter's guarantees to protect the family.
HARRISBURG, Pa. - The search by the booming North American population of Amish for affordable, fertile farmland has produced settlements in 28 states and Ontario - and has even led parties to scout recently for suitable properties in Alaska and Mexico.
- Argentina legalizes gay marriage in historic vote
- Costa Rica president: End priests' celibacy vows
- In Mexico, gay couples celebrate historic weddings
- Iraqis abroad cast ballots in homeland's election
- Mexican priest's alleged son admits seeking money
- Iraqis abroad begin voting in homeland's election
- Clergy member: Priest had alleged children
- Church says 4 Mexican priests broke celibacy vows