HAVANA - The Roman Catholic Church said Wednesday it has intervened again on behalf of a political dissident, this time helping the ailing son of one of Cuba's top revolutionary heroes go to the United States for medical treatment.
HAVANA - The mother of a Cuban political prisoner who died following a hunger strike held a march in her son's honor without incident Sunday, as pro-government mobs that had broken up the demonstration for weeks stayed away.
HAVANA - Roman Catholic officials said Friday they had a humanitarian obligation to broker a landmark deal in which Cuba promised to free 52 political prisoners - answering island opposition activists who complained of being left out of negotiations.
HAVANA - Amnesty International is calling on Cuban authorities to stop disrupting weekly marches by the mother of a political prisoner who died following a lengthy hunger strike.
MADRID - Seven former political prisoners from Cuba smiled and gave victory signs Tuesday after they and their families were flown to freedom in Madrid, the first of 52 dissidents the Cuban government has promised to free in a historic policy shift.
- 7 Cuban political prisoners arrive in Spain
- Chavez, Venezuelan church clash over freedoms
- Cuba Church announces release of 12 more prisoners
- Cuban Church announces release of 5 more prisoners
- Church: Cuba agrees to free 52 political prisoners
- Church: Cuba offers to free 52 political prisoners
- Church: Cuba offers to free 47 political prisoners
- FM: Spain wants more progress on Cuba human rights
- Chicago cardinal heads to eastern Cuba for 2 days
- Raul Castro suits up for Vatican envoy in Havana
- Cuban Catholic Church hopes pope can visit in 2012
- Cuba, Vatican say talks on dissidents continuing
- Vatican foreign minister in Cuba amid high hopes
- Official: US lacks moral authority to judge Cuba
- Cuba frees 1 political prisoner, transfers 6 more
- Church: Cuba agrees to free political prisoner
- Church in Cuba hopes for more progress on inmates
- Cuba moving political prisoners
- Cuba dissidents still waiting for promised changes
- Cuba to transfer political prisoners close to home
- Cuban cardinal wants political prisoners freed
- Cuban president meets with church leader
- Vatican foreign minister to visit Cuba in June
- Cuba's Catholic cardinal says country in crisis
- Haitians seeking US refuge will be returned
- Cuba's Santeria priests see unrest in 2010