DHAKA - A cabbage field has replaced a Buddhist temple at an archaeological site built around 1,500 years ago during the rule of the Pala dynasty in northwestern Bangladesh, a media report said Thursday.
DHAKA - The permission for the 87th annual convention of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat in Gazipur near here has been cancelled and curfew imposed around the venue after protests from Sunni Muslim hardliners, a media report Monday said.
DHAKA - Many of Bangladesh's well-off families are utilising the Eid-ul-Fitr festival this year to take a holiday abroad, moving away from the grime and jostling crowds at home.
DHAKA - Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna, is being celebrated Wednesday across Muslim-majority Bangladesh.
DHAKA - A call by Bangladesh Home Minister Sahara Khatun to the minority Hindu community to observe Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna, "peacefully" and end it by 5 p.m.
- NYC cabbie-slash suspect is taken to psych ward
- Burqa not to be forced on girl students in Bangladesh
- Burqa can’t be forced on women, rules Bangladesh court
- Students shouldn’t be forced to wear burqas: Dhaka court
- Court restores `secularism’ in Bangladesh constitution
- Dhaka court restores ’secularism’ in constitution
- Top three of Bangladesh religious party arrested
- Bangladesh lifts Facebook ban
- Bangladesh blocks Facebook over prophet drawings
- Hasina assures better upkeep of Hindu temples
- Bangladesh Islamist leaders denied bail, told to surrender
- Bangladesh Islamist leaders sued for hurting Muslim sentiments
- Millions pray for world peace in Bangladesh’s Islamic gathering
- Bangladesh’s Muslim pilgrimage calls for peace, stability