DHARAMSALA - A Himachal Pradesh court Thursday extended the judicial custody of seven people, including the Karmapas aide Rubgi Chosang, also known as Shakti Lama, a police official said.
DHARAMSALA - Claims by Himachal Pradesh Police of a possible "Chinese connection" to the activities of Tibetan religious leader, the Karmapa, are falling apart with the Karmapa's office giving out details that there was nothing amiss in the money found from his monastery.
DHARAMSALA - As the controversy over the recovery of foreign and Indian currency worth Rs.70 million ($1.5 million) from the 17th Karmapa's monastery is gradually coming to an end, the Karmapa is headed next month to Sarnath, the birthplace of Buddhism, monastery officials said.
DHARAMSALA - Top officials of the 17th Karmapa say the central government, while signalling a clean chit to the Tibetan leader in the controversy over unaccounted foreign currency, wants him to register his trust and also apprise monastery functionaries on Indian laws.
DHARAMSALA - Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has said he is not seeking a 'greater Tibet' as alleged by China, but reiterated that he cannot forsake responsibility towards finding a lasting solution to the issue.
- Gandhi, Dalai Lama among world’s top icons: Time
- Dalai Lama uses donations to fund hospital
- Karmapa aides seek anticipatory bail
- Cash row renews clash of rival Karmapas
- Stop solidarity marches for Karmapa, Dhumal tells Tibetans
- 11 years after his escape, Karmapa remains as controversial
- Who is the Karmapa? (To go with Rs.6 crore currency seized from Karmapa’s monastery)
- ‘Dalai Lama will continue to work for Tibet cause’
- Dalai Lama recalls Tibet’s relations with India
- Growth rate of Tibetan exiles plummets
- ‘Dalai Lama will remain religious, temporal head’
- Dalai Lama is Lord Buddha of this era: Dhumal
- Dalai Lama won’t exit any time soon
- Dalai Lama calls for a world free of war
- China can learn preserving languages from India: Dalai Lama
- Tibetan netizens debate their prime ministerial candidates
- Dalai Lama to address Hungarian parliament
- Tweeting Dalai Lama says voices for Tibetan independence growing stronger
- Golden seal honour for Dalai Lama for leading Tibetan democracy
- Dalai Lama to visit Kargil
- One day I will win over the Chinese, says Dalai Lama
- India says no to US tour of Tibetan monk
- Nirupama Rao to meet Dalai Lama in Mcleodganj
- Dalai Lama’s 75th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala
- World’s most celebrated monk turns 75 Tuesday
- Dalai Lama to visit Kashmir
- Dalai Lama asks Tibetans to cooperate with census officials
- Tibetan students get lessons on compassion, forgiveness
- Dalai Lama expresses gratitude to Himachal’s people
- Candlelight processions mark Panchen Lama’s birthday
- Dalai Lama a hit at IPL match in Dharamsala
- Deccan Chargers, Kings XI players meet Dalai Lama
- For now, cricket edges out football in ‘Little Tibet’
- Dalai Lama expresses grief over death of Polish president
- Resolve Tibet issue through dialogue, reiterates Dalai Lama