LONDON - Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams was quoted Saturday as saying he is not opposed to the appointment of gay people as bishops, if they pledge to remain celibate.
BIRMINGHAM, England - The Vatican declared Pope Benedict XVI's four-day visit to Britain a "great success" Sunday, saying the pontiff was able to reach out to a nation wary of his message and angry at his church's sex abuse scandal.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Pope Benedict XVI is celebrating Mass to beatify Cardinal John Henry Newman and in that ceremony he has offered a personal reflection on the evilness of the Nazi regime.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Pope Benedict XVI celebrated Mass on Sunday to beatify Cardinal John Henry Newman, the 19th century Anglican convert held up by the pope as a model for the faithful because he followed his conscience at great personal cost.
Pope Benedict XVI is the first pope to be accorded a state visit to Britain, meaning that he was invited by the monarch as the head over another state, the Vatican.
- Grant to miss West Ham match due to Yom Kippur
- Victims of childhood abuse demand action from pope
- US man's healing prompts Newman's beatification
- Pope breaks own rule to beatify Anglican convert
- Pope thanks UK for 'vast' efforts for trip
- Susan Boyle to sing for the pope during UK tour
- 1001 Inventions: Science in Muslim lands
- UK: Adoption charity can't ban gay couples
- Pilgrims must pay to attend 2 pope events in UK
- Catholics must pay to attend 2 pope events in UK
- Church of England paves the way for women bishops
- Church of England allows women bishops
- Church of England debates allowing women bishops
- UK removes blog post praising late Lebanese cleric
- News reports: gay priest rejected for UK bishopric
- A gay bishop for the Church of England?
- Icelandic leader in milestone gay marriage
- New Agers, neo-pagans see Stonehenge solstice
- British bishops in defection talks with Vatican
- UK apologizes to Vatican over Pope visit jokes
- Anglican leader: Irish church lost its credibility
- Pope to visit England, Scotland in September
- London Jewish Museum reopens after major facelift
- Dutch anti-Islam politician creates stir in UK
- Victorious Dutch anti-Islam politician back in UK
- UK soap 'EastEnders' celebrates 25 years of misery
- British bishops urge 'carbon fast' for Lent
- Pope's swipe at UK equality laws provokes foes
- Northern Ireland deal temporarily delayed