Fairs And Festivals
TAYBEH, West Bank - This Palestinian village celebrates Oktoberfest each year even though it's a tiny Christian enclave in a Muslim-majority area, under Israeli occupation.
VENICE, Italy - Japanese cult director Takashi Miike says he remade the 1963 classic "Thirteen Assassins" to help Japan's younger generation learn about the past.
FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. - Despite the smells of fried dough and roasted meat wafting from the Minnesota State Fair, Salim and Zuleyha Ozonder were focused on the people who were leaving, not the food or festivities beckoning from across the street.
DUISBURG, Germany - Thousands of grief-stricken mourners watched in tears on Saturday as rescue workers lit one white candle for every one of the 21 people crushed to death in a tunnel at the Love Parade techno music festival.
DUISBURG, Germany - Prosecutors on Monday opened a criminal investigation into the deaths of 20 young adults who were trampled to death at the Love Parade, as experts accused the techno festival's organizers of ignoring Germany's exemplary safety standards and setting up a death trap.
- Elton John performance in Morocco raises outcry
- Elton John to perform in Morocco despite outcry
- National Gallery unveils sacred Spanish art show
- Berlin film follows Muslims struggling with crises
- Hindus dip in chilly Ganges river during festival
- Singapore rite looks painful, yet smiles abound
- Festival expected to draw millions starts in India
- Hindus dip in icy Ganges during festival
- Bethlehem gets first Christmas rock concert