LITHONIA, Ga. - A megachurch pastor accused of luring four young men into sexual relationships said Sunday that he won't be pulled into a street fight over the allegations and vowed that his faith has been strengthened.
ATLANTA - A billboard near an Atlanta highway reads, "Love Like Him, Live Like Him, Lead Like Him." The motto refers to Jesus Christ, but the smiling face next to it is that of Bishop Eddie Long.
ATLANTA - One of the young men accusing a megachurch pastor of coercing him into a sexual relationship told a TV interviewer he loved the pastor, but nevertheless called him a "predator." "I loved him and I'm always going to have love for the things he taught us, but how he left us hurt worse than anything I ever felt in my life," Jamal Parris told Atlanta's Fox TV affiliate WAGA in an interview broadcast Tuesday.
LITHONIA, Ga. - Despite allegations that he lured four young men into sexual relationships, many of Bishop Eddie Long's followers remain unwavering in their support for him as he pledges to fight the accusations like David fighting Goliath.
LITHONIA, Ga. - Casting himself as the Bible's ultimate underdog, Bishop Eddie Long went before thousands of faithful supporters at his megachurch Sunday and promised to fight accusations that he lured four young men into sexual relationships.
- Ga. megachurch pastor: 'I'll be here next week'
- Ga. megachurch pastor pledges to fight accusations
- Thousands await public remarks from accused pastor
- Ga. megachurch pastor: All face painful situations
- Accused megachurch pastor to talk to congregation
- Some churches like Ga. pastor's thin on safeguards
- APNewsBreak: 4th man sues Ga. megachurch pastor
- Lawyer: Other young men went on trips with pastor
- Third lawsuit filed against pastor of megachurch
- Old Buffalo church to be reborn in Atlanta suburb
- Largest Lutheran group reinstating 2 gay ministers
- Lutheran church to reinstate gay pastor in Atlanta
- Historic church building financial resource center
- Sports dignitaries pay tribute to Georgian luger
- Ex-Christian Coalition head won't run for Congress
- Bernice King silent as SCLC faces uncertain future
- Mumps outbreak in NY, NJ tops 1,500 cases