BAGHDAD - Iraq's political bazaar is branching out.
BAGHDAD - The flurry to close the first chapter of Iraq's seven-month political drama is suddenly intense with angry Sunnis pledging to dig in for a fight while Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki tries to win over the last few allies he needs to stay in power.
MOSUL, Iraq - An Iraqi governor and leading Sunni politician said Sunday that the nation's "last chance for democracy" could be derailed if the Shiite prime minister keeps his job despite losing to a Sunni-backed coalition in elections seven months ago.
MOSUL, Iraq - An Iraqi governor and leading Sunni politician says democracy will be threatened if Iraq's Shiite prime minister keeps his job.
SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq - Kurdish lawmakers began Saturday to plot their course as Iraq's kingmakers with enough seats to secure a second term for Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and press key demands, including a greater say over the oil riches in the country's north.
- Anti-American cleric vies for more power in Iraq
- Aides: Iraqi Shiite cleric backs al-Maliki
- Kurdish rebels extend cease-fire against Turkey
- High court looks at military funeral protests
- US high court looks at military funeral protests
- US general: Iraq political limbo fuels violence
- Iraqi PM candidate in Syria for talks
- Bahrain revokes citizenship of top Shiite cleric
- State media: Iran ready to release American woman
- Muslims throng mosques to celebrate end of Ramadan
- Moms of US hikers held in Iran get some good news
- Afghans protest Quran burning plan, torch US flag
- Quran burning plan stirs outrage in Muslim world
- Clinton, Gates denounce planned Quran burning
- Shiite bloc names new candidate for Iraqi PM
- Shiite cleric warns Iraqis against working with US
- Iraq says its independent as US ends combat
- Coverage of Iraq exit shows networks' differences
- Iraqi rivals break off power-sharing talks
- Mideast summer heat adds hardship to Ramadan fast
- July deadliest month for Iraqis since 2008
- Iraqi cleric meets with PM candidate in Syria
- 3 die in Iraq attack on Sunni sect member's house
- Iraqi PM pays respects to late top Lebanese cleric
- Tens of thousands march in Shiite cleric's funeral
- Top Lebanese Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75
- Lebanon's top Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75
- Top cleric seen tipping Iraq's political balance
- HRW urges Iraqi Kurds to ban female circumcision
- Iraq election rivals meet in political ice breaker
- Top Iraqi vote-getter faces limited power share
- New Iraqi parliament to convene next week
- Rightist group jolts Sweden's tolerant self-image
- Iraqi court seals secular bloc's election margin
- Iraq's al-Maliki says he's only party PM nominee