Latin America And Caribbean
WASHINGTON - Tony La Russa doesn't understand the minor backlash that's been created by his participation in radio personality Glenn Beck's rally in Washington on Saturday, an event the St.
HAVANA - The Roman Catholic Church said Wednesday it has intervened again on behalf of a political dissident, this time helping the ailing son of one of Cuba's top revolutionary heroes go to the United States for medical treatment.
GUADALAJARA, Mexico - Gay rights activists and a group of Roman Catholics in Mexico have yelled insults at each other during dueling demonstrations over same-sex marriage.
HAVANA - The mother of a Cuban political prisoner who died following a hunger strike held a march in her son's honor without incident Sunday, as pro-government mobs that had broken up the demonstration for weeks stayed away.
HAVANA - Roman Catholic officials said Friday they had a humanitarian obligation to broker a landmark deal in which Cuba promised to free 52 political prisoners - answering island opposition activists who complained of being left out of negotiations.
- Mexico City mayor demands cardinal apologize
- Amnesty: Cuba harassing dead hunger striker's mom
- Mexico supreme court upholds gay adoptions
- Poll: Young Hispanics less likely to be Catholic
- Mexican court upholds capital's gay marriage law
- APNewsBreak: Study says Amish expanding westward
- Argentina legalizes gay marriage in historic vote
- Argentine Senate considers same-sex marriage law
- Chavez: Venezuela rethinks relations with Vatican
- 7 Cuban dissidents find freedom in Spain
- 7 Cuban political prisoners arrive in Spain
- Mormon church restates opposition to gay marriage
- Mormon church reaffirms opposition to gay marriage
- Chavez, Venezuelan church clash over freedoms
- Cuba Church announces release of 12 more prisoners
- Cuban Church announces release of 5 more prisoners
- Church: Cuba agrees to free 52 political prisoners
- Church: Cuba offers to free 52 political prisoners
- Church: Cuba offers to free 47 political prisoners
- FM: Spain wants more progress on Cuba human rights
- Church asks Chile pardons, including rights abuses
- Chicago cardinal heads to eastern Cuba for 2 days
- Venezuela's clergy condemns gov't over rotten food
- Chilean church forwards pedophelia case to Vatican
- Raul Castro suits up for Vatican envoy in Havana
- Cuban Catholic Church hopes pope can visit in 2012
- Cuba, Vatican say talks on dissidents continuing
- Vatican foreign minister in Cuba amid high hopes
- Official: US lacks moral authority to judge Cuba
- Cuba frees 1 political prisoner, transfers 6 more
- Church: Cuba agrees to free political prisoner
- Church in Cuba hopes for more progress on inmates
- At least 1 million in evangelical march in Brazil
- Cuba moving political prisoners
- Cuba dissidents still waiting for promised changes