BEIRUT - In a new Syrian soap opera, a beautiful green-eyed young woman named Layla is torn over whether to take off the niqab, the billowing black Islamic garb that hides every part of her except her eyes.
BEIRUT - Two Shiite Muslim television stations in Lebanon canceled a controversial program about Jesus on Friday, saying they do not want to stir up sectarian conflict in the country.
LONDON - Britain's ambassador to Beirut angered Israelis and embarrassed officials in London after writing a blog post praising the late Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Lebanon's top Shiite cleric, who supported Hezbollah's and other militants' attacks on Israel.
BEIRUT - Iraq's prime minister paid his respects to Lebanon's late top Shiite cleric during a brief visit to Beirut Thursday.
BEIRUT - Tens of thousands of people swarmed around the coffin of Lebanon's top Shiite cleric as it made its way through the streets of south Beirut to the mosque for burial on Tuesday.
- Top Lebanese Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75
- Lebanon's top Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75
- Turkey's Erdogan: emerging leader in Muslim world
- Arab-Americans delight in Miss USA victory
- Arab-American from Michigan crowned 2010 Miss USA
- Lebanese mark war's outbreak with political soccer
- Iraqis abroad cast ballots in homeland's election
- Iraqis abroad begin voting in homeland's election
- Rights group slams treatment of Mideast minorities