TORONTO - The legislative assembly of Canada's French-speaking Quebec province Wednesday passed a unanimous motion banning the kirpan from its premises.
TORONTO - Miss Pakistan World Annie Rupani Sunday came out in support of Pakistani actress Veena Malik who is under fire from the Muslim clergy in her country for getting too close with Indian actor Ashmit Patel during her participation in Bigg Boss-4 in India.
TORONTO - The opposition New Democratic Party (NDP) Thursday slammed the barring of four Sikhs with kirpans from entering the Quebec provincial assembly and demands for ban on the symbolic dagger in parliament.
TORONTO - The kirpan issue was to the fore once again in Canada Wednesday when four Sikhs were barred from entering the Quebec provincial assembly for carrying a "potential weapon".
TORONTO - The reported decision by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to have a Hindu wedding in an ashram in Rajasthan next year to formalize their live-in relationship has drawn curious reaction from the Canadian media and readers.
- Sri Lanka destroying statues of Tamil kings: Canadian Tamils
- A female Dalai Lama will be more attractive: Dalai Lama
- Indians raise memorial to fallen Canadian soldiers
- Canada NRIs hope verdict will lead to era of peace
- Be centred on god to be shielded from distress, anxiety
- Canada outraged over security exemption for niqab-wearing women
- Anxiety seems to fuel religious extremism
- 10,000 Hindus to attend Toronto temple opening
- Rushdie says fatwa only a minor issue now
- After Dalai Lama, Aga Khan gets Canadian honour
- Canada grants honorary citizenship to the Aga Khan
- Islamic mortgage system introduced for Muslims in Canada
- Akal Takht ex-jathedar sticks to stand on scripture
- Kirpans out as Canadian Sikh divisions deepen over scripture
- Letter: Canadian church knew of abuse allegation
- Women refusing to remove niqab in Canada will be charged
- Niqab ban gets unanimous support in Canada
- Niqab for Muslim women banned in Canadian province
- Niqab becoming a flash point in Canada
- Cartoonist lampoons niqab, angers Muslims in Canada