SALT LAKE CITY - National gay rights activists said Friday they'll descend on Salt Lake City's Mormon church headquarters to deliver more than 100,000 letters asking a senior church leader to recant recent anti-gay statements.
SALT LAKE CITY - Gay rights activists staged a silent protest Thursday outside the headquarters of the Mormon church in Salt Lake City in response to a church leader's remarks that homosexuality is an immoral condition that can and should be overcome.
LAS VEGAS - The former pastor of Senate candidate Sharron Angle denounced Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's faith, calling the Mormon Church a cult that pretends to embrace Christianity.
NEW YORK - David Valdes Greenwood was 15 when he climbed to the highest arch of a bridge in his small Maine town and got ready to jump.
UPPSALA, Sweden - A Swedish artist who angered Muslims by caricaturing the Prophet Muhammad has given a lecture on artistic freedom at a location heavily guarded by police.
- Anti-gay church's lawyer study in contradictions
- NYC mosque imam, wife have police point person
- Iraq's marathon: Fight over leader, then posts
- Arsonists torch mosque in West Bank village
- Police: NYC mosque's imam, wife get death threats
- Key Sunni: Iraq facing 'last chance' for democracy
- Pastor says he won't be pulled into 'street fight'
- On paper, NY Islamic center looks modern, secular
- Brand pastor built fosters fierce member loyalty
- Free speech cases at top of Supreme Court's agenda
- Anti-American cleric vies for more power in Iraq
- US judge asks Vatican to serve legal docs to pope
- Aides: Iraqi Shiite cleric backs al-Maliki
- High court looks at military funeral protests
- US high court looks at military funeral protests
- New trial sought in Oregon Islamic charity case
- US general: Iraq political limbo fuels violence
- One of Bishop's accusers calls Long a 'predator'
- NY Muslims say bigotry behind cemetery order
- Obama tells questioner he's 'Christian by choice'
- Disney, Muslim worker agree on hijab substitute
- Ga. megachurch pastor's flock standing by him
- Ga. pastor: I'll fight like David battled Goliath
- Man claims wrongful firing from Turner's NM ranch
- Descendants of 1st black US doctor mark NYC grave
- Ga. megachurch pastor: 'I'll be here next week'
- Ga. megachurch pastor pledges to fight accusations
- Thousands await public remarks from accused pastor
- Ga. megachurch pastor: All face painful situations
- Accused megachurch pastor to talk to congregation
- Some churches like Ga. pastor's thin on safeguards
- Archbishop of Canterbury: Gay rows wounding church
- APNewsBreak: 4th man sues Ga. megachurch pastor
- Clergy sex scandal takes toll on victims' lawyers
- US walks out on Ahmadinejad UN speech