CAIRO - The Egyptian Museum houses some of the world's prized antiquities, including the gold mask of King Tut that draws millions of tourists a year.
ROME - It seemed too good to be true: The discovery of a new painting by Caravaggio during the celebrations marking the 400th anniversary of his death.
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican's top art historian on Monday shot down a report in its own newspaper that suggested a recently discovered painting was a Caravaggio.
MOSCOW - Two prominent Moscow art curators facing the prospect of three years in prison for an exhibit that offended the Russian Orthodox Church said on Thursday their trial has been a political show.
CLEVELAND - A bell tolled solemnly as a man read the names of the fallen churches like a list of dearly departed saints.
- 50th parish to close in huge Cleveland downsizing
- Lasers uncover first icons of Sts. Peter and Paul
- 4th century icons of Peter and Paul found in Rome
- National Gallery unveils sacred Spanish art show
- Detroit art museum opening Islamic gallery
- Vietnam aims to carve world's biggest jade Buddha
- Muslim-Hindu punk rock bands part of new movement