WARSAW - Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama praised the Polish labour union Solidarity Wednesday in Wroclaw, western Poland, saying he felt a special bond with the movement which battled communism in the 1980s.
WARSAW, Poland - The promoter in the case of Pope John Paul II's sainthood says doctors are still analyzing a supposed miracle attributed to him in which a French nun was allegedly cured from Parkinson's disease by praying to the late pope.
WARSAW, Poland - Exit polls in Poland's presidential election show Bronislaw Komorowski with a slight edge over the late president's identical twin brother, Jaroslaw Kaczynski.
WARSAW, Poland - The twin brother of Poland's late president sought to succeed him in office on Sunday in a tight runoff election that will determine how far this former communist country goes in embracing free-market reforms.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland holds a presidential runoff Sunday between the former leader's charismatic twin brother and the country's dutiful acting president, men with similar anti-communist roots and Catholic backgrounds but sharply different outlooks.
- Newt Gingrich promotes film on Pope John Paul II
- Pope appoints a new top church leader in Poland
- Polish pop singer charged over Bible remarks
- Indian community mourns death of Polish president
- More-secular Poland marks Pope John Paul's death
- Poland marks John Paul's death on Good Friday
- Catholics find ties to the church tested by crisis