GOKUL - In an unprecedented display of solidarity with the movement launched by the ascetics and Sri Krishna devotees of the Braj Mandal, temples here were shut down for two hours to protest the pollution in the river Yamuna.
JAMMU - The Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has asked a central government undertaking to scientifically treat the hills to prevent land slips along a 13-km track leading to the shrine, a statement said Saturday.
WASHINGTON - An international Sikh group has appealed to all Sikh gurdwaras and institutions to celebrate March 14, the day Guru Har Rai became the 7th Sikh Guru in 1644 AD, as Sikh Environment Day.
MUMBAI - The forthcoming 100th birthday of spiritual head of the Dawoodi Bohra sect Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin in March will be celebrated by paying special attention to the humble sparrow, an official said here Monday.
AGRA - After nearly a fortnight of biting cold, Agra has perked up with the Lohri and Makar Sankranti estivals heralding warmer weather and more tourists.
- Do Vedic rites impact environment? Scientists head for Kerala village
- Vaishno Devi got 8.7 million devotees in 2010
- Sikh group to launch global ecological movement
- Slight increase in Delhi’s pollution during Diwali-week
- Dikshit, Delhi Police call for safe, pollution-free Diwali
- Say no to crackers, Himachal CM urges children
- In Sabarimala, donkey can hope for better times
- No crackers after 10 p.m.: Delhi Police
- Say no to crackers this Diwali, Dikshit tells kids
- Karva Chauth with a green cause
- Rains may mar Durga Puja festivities in Kolkata
- Rains spoil pre-Durga Puja mood in northeast
- GreenFaith names Hindu and Jain scholar in residence
- Man claims wrongful firing from Turner's NM ranch
- As Yamuna overflows, Vrindavan celebrates Pulin Utsav
- Post-immersion, Mumbai residents clean up beaches
- These Ganeshas give environment a fighting chance
- Opt for eco-friendly Ganesh idols, Bangaloreans urged
- Only ancient wisdom can save India’s ’sacred’ animals
- Prayers on banks of flooded Yamuna in Agra
- Vaishno Devi shrine board to help out Leh victims
- Combining faith with saving environment, girl child
- Amarnath Yatra interrupted due to bad weather
- Bihar to approach Sri Lanka for Bodhi tree sapling
- Spirituality, environment interconnected: Jaggi Vasudev (Interview)
- Ban Ganga has little water for Vaishno Devi pilgrims
- Tripura debates Maneka’s plea against animal sacrifice
- Hymns to nature at the Golden Temple
- ‘Islamic extremism a challenge for Maldives’
- Combating climate change, with help from Lord Ram
- Naga saints to campaign against global warming in Kumbh Mela
- Vrindavan eco-activists launch Save Yamuna campaign
- Karmapa Lama calls for environment protection
- Let us preserve a white Christmas for future generations (Comment)