HARIDWAR - A sea of pilgrims converged here Wednesday to take a holy dip in the revered Ganga on the occasion of Vaisakh Aadhimaas that marks the end of one of the largest religious gatherings in the world - the Maha Kumbh.
HARIDWAR, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- Swami Ramdev paid a visit to the yoga camp in Haridwar to acknowledge the support of his followers.
HARIDWAR - As a sea of mostly Hindu pilgrims descended here for the Kumbh Mela, Azim Mir Khan was among the many doctors who attended to their aches, pains and ailments as part of a medical camp set by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) alumni.
HARIDWAR - Nearly 55 lakh pilgrims, including saints of various sects, and tourists participated in the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela Friday on the occasion of Mahashivratri, mela authorities said.
HARIDWAR - With ecstatic shouts of 'Har Har Gange' and 'Jai Ganga Maiya', thousands of bare-bodied Naga sadhus and saints bathed in the revered Ganga river to perform the first and much-awaited Shahi Snan (royal bath) on the occasion of Mahashivratri Friday, one of the important days of the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela here.
- Somersaults, dance and music during Mahashivratri bath
- Hindus dip in chilly Ganges river during festival
- Making money from money at Maha Kumbh
- Sea of pilgrims at Maha Kumbh for Mahashivratri bath
- Maha Kumbh Mela also a chance to make quick money
- When sadhus came astride elephants, horses at Maha Kumbh
- Grant us re-birth as man or woman, eunuchs pray to Ganga
- Big Maha Kumbh bathing day draws thousands
- Ahead of Magh Purnima, tight security at Maha Kumbh
- Over 100,000 bathe in Ganga on Basant Panchami
- Holy men to preach on global warming at Kumbh Mela
- Poori, peda and soul food at Mahakumbh
- 2010 Mahakumbh a bigger draw than earlier fairs
- Of Ganga Maiya, the river that washes away all sins (Letter from Haridwar)
- Now, pilgrims wing their way to the Mahakumbh
- Naga sadhus at Mahakumbh pray for a cause
- Inflation’s toll at Mahakumbh - few buyers for handicrafts
- Astronomy, faith meet in Har-ki-Pauri on solar eclipse
- Haridwar temples to close their doors during solar eclipse
- It’s faith divine at Mahakumbh: millions take dip (Second Lead)
- A dip into peace, contentment, say bathers at Mahakumbh
- Festival expected to draw millions starts in India
- Ritual bath at Mahakumbh Mela amid tight security (Lead, with image)
- Rainbow shades of faith on the banks of the Ganga
- Hindus dip in icy Ganges during festival
- First ritual bath at Mahakumbh Mela begins
- Sea of humanity floods Haridwar for Maha Kumbh (Second Lead)
- Sea of humanity in Haridwar for Maha Kumbh Jan 14