PANAJI - The Goa government was forced to pull out a Marathi play from events marking Maratha king Shivaji's birth anniversary celebrations after right-wing Hindu groups claimed that it denigrated Hindu gods and saints.
PANAJI - It houses the remains of Spanish missionary St Francis Xavier and attracts lakhs of tourists and the faithful.
PANAJI - Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday said that the 21st century should be known as the century of dialogue.
PANAJI - Buddhist spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama Monday suggested that the numerous temples of worship mushrooming across the country should also house libraries along with statues of deities.
PANAJI - Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday gave a clean chit to Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje, whose public trusts have been accused of a land scam and illegally stashing foreign currency in his monastery.
- First cross metal detectors, then enter Goa churches
- Goa archbishop quotes from Vedas in pre-New Year address
- Hindu terrorism phrase coined by vested interests: VHP
- American filmmaker finds a way around ‘Buddhism fatigue’
- Shirdi trust moots action against ‘duplicate’ Sai temples
- Goa Hindu group now to target Narakasur
- Online campaign to canonise Goan origin priest
- Right to productive living denied in Goa: Church
- Ram Mandir fight to go online
- Goa priest bans burying dead with gold, trinkets
- ‘Kamat using government machinery to promote superstitions’
- Goa minister supports gambling, slammed
- Goa MP urges politicians to shun ’sadhus’, ‘babas’
- Wary Goa set to usher in Christmas