RANCHI - Bajrang Dal activists in Jharkhand played the moral police on Valentine's Day Monday, forcing lovers in parks and other public place to either tie a rakhi or get married on the spot.
RANCHI - Chonhen Minz, a 39-year old tribal, became the first woman to be selected as priest of North Western Gossener Evangelical Lutheran Church (NWGEL) of Ranchi, a church official said Tuesday.
RANCHI - The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) will ask the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headed Jharkhand government for a law to ban religious conversions in the state, a leader said Sunday.
RANCHI - Arms like AK-47 and Insas and not goddess Durga idols are worshipped at the Jharkhand Armed Police ground here during Navratri - an auspicious period for the Hindus.
RANCHI - After his team's loss in the tri-nation ODI series, Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni sought divine blessings in home city Monday.
- 1,865 Jharkhand religious structures face demolition
- BJP to back Ranchi shutdown against temples demolitions
- VHP protests move to demolish Ranchi temples
- 39 temples on government land face demolition
- Security up at Shiva temple
- Strike in Jharkhand over idol theft, Muslims lend support
- DNA of all Indians same, says RSS chief