Recreation And Leisure
TAYBEH, West Bank - This Palestinian village celebrates Oktoberfest each year even though it's a tiny Christian enclave in a Muslim-majority area, under Israeli occupation.
"And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
TEMECULA, Calif. - After the Mediterranean climate and sandy soil, winemaker Ray Falkner said his greatest asset is the view of rolling vine-covered hills from the top of his property in Southern California.
NEW YORK - It is two blocks from ground zero, but the site of a proposed mosque and Islamic center shouldn't be seen as "hallowed ground" in a neighborhood that also contains a strip club and a betting parlor, the cleric leading the effort said Monday.
VENICE, Italy - Japanese cult director Takashi Miike says he remade the 1963 classic "Thirteen Assassins" to help Japan's younger generation learn about the past.
- Muslims take to Minn. State Fair to repair image
- Tut-tut: Security problems seen in Egypt's museums
- Vacationing Obama can't escape economy
- First family goes on island vacation bike outing
- Mosque developer claims a classic NYC background
- NY mosque developer claims classic NYC background
- Afghan medical mission ends in death for 10
- Holocaust museum to Romania: scrap 'racist' coin
- Germany: memorial service for Love Parade victims
- Experts slam organizers over Germany stampede
- Belfast leaders decry youths' zeal for rioting
- Police dodge gunfire in 3rd night of Belfast riots
- Armenian church sues Getty museum over Bible pages
- Elton John performance in Morocco raises outcry
- Elton John to perform in Morocco despite outcry
- St. Louis museum to host Vatican collection
- London Jewish Museum reopens after major facelift
- National Gallery unveils sacred Spanish art show
- Detroit art museum opening Islamic gallery
- Berlin film follows Muslims struggling with crises
- Hindus dip in chilly Ganges river during festival
- Singapore rite looks painful, yet smiles abound
- Explore Vancouver area's Asian diversity
- Obama says he won't walk away from health overhaul
- Festival expected to draw millions starts in India
- Hindus dip in icy Ganges during festival
- Catholics push to restrict payday loans in Iowa
- Pakistani Christians fearful this Christmas
- Bethlehem gets first Christmas rock concert
- SC priest wins $100,000 for church in poker game