LUCKNOW, India - Schools, shops and businesses reopened Friday as fears of violence ebbed in northern India following a court order to divide a disputed holy site between the Hindu and Muslim communities.
LUCKNOW, India - For 150 years, Hindus and Muslims both claimed a site that is sacred to their religions, which triggered some of the worst rioting in India's history.
LUCKNOW, India - An Indian court ruled Thursday that a disputed holy site that has sparked bloody communal riots across the country in the past should be divided between the Hindu and Muslim communities.
LUCKNOW, India - A lawyer for the Muslim community says he will appeal an Indian court ruling that would divide a disputed holy site between the Hindu and Muslim communities.
LUCKNOW, India - An Indian court ruled Thursday that a disputed holy site that has sparked bloody communal riots across the country in the past should be divided between the Hindu and Muslim communities, a lawyer involved in the suit said.
- India braces for violence amid holy site verdict
- Tight security as India awaits holy site verdict
- Indian court delays verdict on holy site dispute
- India braces for ruling on contested holy site
- Van carrying 30 kids plunges into Pakistan river
- Tennis, love, peace come together at US Open final
- Decision to suspend Quran-burning met with relief
- FBI agents visit Florida church over Quran burn
- Muslims in Bahrain, Pakistan protest Quran burning
- Poor security to keep more Afghan polls closed
- NYC cabbie-slash suspect is taken to psych ward
- Indians remember Mother Teresa on birth centennial
- Amid conflict, Kashmir man tries suicide 13 times
- Thousands protest after police kill 2 in Kashmir
- Police firing kills 1 protester in Indian Kashmir
- Troops kill 7 protesters in Indian-ruled Kashmir
- Troops kill 5 Kashmiri protesters as unrest grows
- Troops fire on Kashmir protests; 1 killed, 30 hurt
- Massive protests continue in Indian Kashmir
- Pakistan's Karachi wracked by spate of killings
- In Pakistan, Islamic schools for women thrive
- Pakistan watches Google, other sites for blasphemy
- Record number of Indian-Americans seeking office
- Mass wedding for former Tamil fighters
- Bangladesh lifts Facebook ban
- Pakistani official promises to protect Ahmadi sect
- Pakistani court lifts ban on Facebook
- Bangladesh blocks Facebook over prophet drawings
- What happens when the Dalai Lama dies?
- Pakistan sect demands protection after attacks
- 2 minority sect mosques attacked in Pakistan
- Pakistan to restore YouTube, block certain videos
- Relatives: 3 Pakistanis innocent in Times Sq. case
- Facebook page that led to Pakistani ban removed
- Internet blockade in Pakistan continues