JAKARTA, Indonesia - An Indonesian government minister who has in the past blamed natural disasters on immorality has caused more controversy by posting anti-gay comments on Twitter and joking about people with AIDS.
MANILA, Philippines - Just a few months into his tenure, President Benigno Aquino III has angered the powerful Catholic Church by expressing support for the right to contraception in a televised interview abroad.
UNITED NATIONS - Malaysia's prime minister called Monday for creation of a "global movement of moderates" from all faiths to marginalize extremists from all religions.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Dozens of Christians held prayers inside their boarded-up church near Indonesia's capital Sunday, saying they had as much right as anyone to worship in the world's most populous Muslim country.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A group of Christian worshippers said they would defy police and the threat of attack to hold Sunday prayers outside their now-boarded-up church near Indonesia's capital.
- Decision to suspend Quran-burning met with relief
- Muslims in Bahrain, Pakistan protest Quran burning
- Indonesia cities empty for Muslim holy month's end
- Malaysia Muslim TV ad scrapped amid Christmas link
- Indonesian Muslims protest plan to burn Quran
- Religious minorities in Indonesia push back
- Malaysian state introduces Islamic currency
- Malaysia TV completes quest for Muslim role model
- Muslim cleric: Malaysia won't ban Man U jerseys
- Devout Muslim Indonesian province expels US family
- Indonesian Muslims facing Africa during prayers
- Malaysia appoints 1st female Islamic court judges
- Indonesian Islamists open front against Christians
- Indonesian Islamists eye proselytizing Christians
- Malaysia reality TV seeks young male Muslim leader
- Tight pants ban takes effect in Indonesia's Aceh
- Filipino Muslim rebels open to talks with Aquino
- US panel names 13 countries as religious violators
- Ethnic group in Myanmar gears up for war, peace
- Indonesia court upholds blasphemy law
- Protesters rally in Indonesia after deadly clash
- Philippine Supreme Court allows gay party in polls
- Gay-themed film challenges boundaries in Malaysia
- Filipinos nailed to the cross in Good Friday rites
- Malaysian ruler commutes caning sentence for woman
- Malaysian ruler commutes caning sentence on woman
- Malaysia movie censors ease up, but scorn bikinis
- AP Top News at 10:41 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 10:18 a.m. EDT
- AP Top News at 10:08 a.m. EDT
- Indonesian police ban regional gay conference
- Philippine health chief, church fight over condoms
- Malaysia Muslim mag sorry for offending Christians
- Indonesian students protest Barack Obama's visit
- Indonesian clerics mull motorcycle helmet fatwa