SRINAGAR - Thousands of people braved the cold and inclement weather Wednesday to offer prayers at Kashmir Valley's holiest Muslim shrine of Hazratbal in summer capital Srinagar to celebrate the birthday of Prophet Mohammad.
SRINAGAR - Muharram processions were taken out peacefully in many parts of the Kashmir Valley Friday except for the main procession which couldn't be taken out due to the imposition of curfew in Srinagar.
SRINAGAR - Thousands of Muslims offered Eid-ul-Azha prayers across the Kashmir Valley Wednesday even as youth at some places clashed with the security forces, pelting stones and raising pro-freedom slogans.
SRINAGAR - Preparations for Eid-ul-Azha festival are bringing back gaiety, fervour and vibrancy in the life of Kashmiris, who have been scarred by the flare up of the separatist movement in the last five months.
SRINAGAR - The 6,700 pilgrims from the Kashmir Valley going for the Haj this year want Prime Minister Manmohan Singh intervenes after Saudi Airlines refused to operate from the Srinagar airport.
- Kashmir, Punjab flare up after rumours of Quran burning in US
- Protests turn violent in Srinagar after Eid prayers
- Protests erupt in Srinagar after Eid prayers
- Omar assures all protection to Kashmiri Sikhs
- Amid conflict, Kashmir man tries suicide 13 times
- Thousands protest after police kill 2 in Kashmir
- Police firing kills 1 protester in Indian Kashmir
- Troops kill 7 protesters in Indian-ruled Kashmir
- Troops kill 5 Kashmiri protesters as unrest grows
- Troops fire on Kashmir protests; 1 killed, 30 hurt
- Massive protests continue in Indian Kashmir
- Over 1 lakh pilgrims at Amarnath so far
- Srinagar’s head cleric seeks curfew relaxation
- Another 12,500 pilgrims head for Amarnath
- Amarnath Yatra interrupted due to bad weather
- Amarnath Yatra continues smoothly
- Amarnath yatra begins peacefully, curfew extended across Valley (Intro Roundup)
- Amarnath yatra begins peacefully amid turmoil in Kashmir (Roundup)
- 15,000 start Amarnath Yatra amid Kashmir turmoil
- 15,000 pilgrims start this year’s Amarnath Yatra
- Tight security for famed Amarnath Yatra
- Do’s and don’ts issued for Amarnath pilgrimage
- Amarnath Yatra arrangements in full swing
- Muslims greet Kashmir’s Hindus at temple festival
- Kashmiri Hindu devotees arrive at Khirbhawani temple
- Cut Amarnath pilgrimage to 15 days, says Geelani
- Curtail Amarnath pilgrimage to 15 days: Geelani
- Amarnath Yatra to begin July 1, end Aug 24
- Sectarian clashes trigger tension in Kashmir village
- Muslim groups clash in Kashmir Valley
- Seven injured in Srinagar baton charge