CHANDIGARH - Hindu leaders and members of a city-based NGO Sunday demanded the enactment of a law for constructing a Ram temple at the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya.
CHANDIGARH - A unique pilgrimage of Sikh shrines across India on board the Deccan Odyssey luxury train is all sold out.
CHANDIGARH - Almost two weeks after senior Sikh diplomat Hardeep Puri was asked to remove his turban at a US airport for a security check, a Punjab minister Saturday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take up the issue with US President Barack Obama.
CHANDIGARH - Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Thursday announced that his government will provide land for burial grounds for Christian and Muslim communities in all towns and villages of the state.
CHANDIGARH - The Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC), the mini-parliament of Sikh religion, Tuesday said its members will protest outside the US embassy in Delhi Dec 23 against turban checks at American airports.
- Act to stop turban checks, Akali Dal tells government
- Seek stop to US turban checking, Badal urges PM
- Hit by delays, Sikh heritage project gets another deadline
- Sukhbir Badal urges PM to take up turban ban with Sarkozy
- Petition inquiring Sonia Gandhi’s religion dismissed
- Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary celebrated with fervour
- Punjab celebrates Gurpurab
- RSS to stage nationwide protest rallies Wednesday
- Obama’s Golden Temple visit: Punjab seeks PM’s help
- Haryana, Punjab see tallest, revolving Ravans
- Demon king Ravana donates blood in Chandigarh!
- Chief Minister urges Sikhs to maintain peace in Haryana
- Haryana ministers blame INLD for Jat violence
- Jhinda wants SGPC for Haryana
- Kashmir, Punjab flare up after rumours of Quran burning in US
- Security stepped up around Haryana gurdwaras
- Haryana regularises 105 shrines
- International support to declare 1984 riots a genocide
- Film on legendary Sikh warrior released
- Haryana to give land for Balaji temple
- ‘SGPC polls not possible during this year’
- INLD wants assembly meet to ban same-gotra marriages
- Akali Dal accuses centre of delaying SGPC polls
- Sikh ‘Fateh March’ enters Punjab
- Haryana temple gets foreign currency
- Amended Sikh calendar released in Amritsar
- Tirupati’s Balaji temple to be set up in Kurukshetra
- Haryana expecting 10 lakh pilgrims during solar eclipse
- Pranab may attend Ahmadiyya congregation in Punjab