MUZAFFARABAD, Pakistan - A van carrying at least 30 schoolchildren plunged into a river in Pakistan-held Kashmir on Tuesday, and most of the passengers were confirmed or feared dead.
JERUSALEM - Israel came to a virtual standstill at sundown Friday as Jews began observing the start of the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, the 25 hours of fasting and contemplation known as Yom Kippur.
JERUSALEM - When Israel moved its clocks back early Sunday in preparation for the holy fast day of Yom Kippur, people in this high-decibel society found something new to disagree about: the time of day.
CAIRO - Far from the din and controversy roiling interfaith relations in the West, Muslims worldwide thronged mosques, cafes and parks in a solemn and joyful end to the fasting month of Ramadan.
- Obama sends greeting on Muslim holiday
- Clinton, Gates denounce planned Quran burning
- Pessimistic about peace, Israelis greet new year
- Malaysia Muslim TV ad scrapped amid Christmas link
- Egypt power cuts deepen suffering in fasting month
- NY mayor: Stopping mosque compromises terror fight
- NYC mayor supports mosque near WTC at Ramadan meal
- NY mosque imam in Mideast for outreach tour
- Muslim employee: Disney banned her head scarf
- Food prices in Somali capital go up during Ramadan
- Holy month, hot days mean football nights in Mich.
- Obama supports 'the right' for ground zero mosque
- Obama backs mosque near ground zero
- Obama to sign $600 million border security bill
- Cairo mosques begin unified call to prayer
- Mideast summer heat adds hardship to Ramadan fast
- Observing Ramadan? There's an app for that
- Muslims in Mideast begin Ramadan in heat of summer
- Saudi to test giant clock in Mecca during Ramadan
- US officials optimistic about direct talks
- US envoy falls short on latest Mideast mission
- Vikings safety Husain Abdullah awaits Ramadan fast
- Vikes safety Abdullah gets ready for Ramadan fast
- German soccer gets ruling on Ramadan fasting
- Empire State Building: No lights for Mother Teresa
- No longer banned, Muslim scholar speaks in NYC
- Once-barred Muslim scholar arrives in NY for forum
- Pope hailed as 'unfailing' leader at Easter Mass
- Hymns and electric guitars: Jerusalem marks Easter
- Pope celebrates Easter Vigil amid abuse scandal
- Thousands of Orthodox celebrate holy fire ritual
- Why do Israel's Arabs like eating matzoh?
- On Passover, Israel concerned over world standing
- Israeli rabbis warn about fake Passover matzah
- Irish at home, worldwide cheer St. Patrick's Day