LUCKNOW - A model nikahnama, aimed at curbing rising incidences of divorce among Muslims by means of triple utterance of the word "talaq", has abruptly been removed from the website of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB).
LUCKNOW - The two-day India visit by Islamic hardliner and Pakistans Jamiat-ul-Islami chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman is believed to be aimed at reinforcing the lobby against recently-appointed Darul-Uloom Deoband Vice Chancellor Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi, who has drawn much flak for praising governance in Narendra Modi-ruled Gujarat.
LUCKNOW - Hashim Ansari, the oldest litigant in the Ayodhya land dispute, has finally given up hope for an out-of-court settlement on the issue, saying he will file a special leave petition in the Supreme Court Monday against the verdict of the Allahabad High Court.
LUCKNOW - Donning skull caps and armed with RSS literature, small groups of Muslims here are on a campaign to preach the values of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh among members of their community.
LUCKNOW - Caught in controversy over his alleged praise for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Deoband Islamic seminary's vice chancellor Maulana Mohammad Ghulam Vastanvi Tuesday offered to step down from the position he had been appointed to barely a few weeks back.
- Now follow a Moharram ‘majlis’ on your cell
- Sunni Waqf Board moves apex court against Ayodhya order
- Praying, feeding poor, Lucknow Muslims mark Eid-ul-Azha
- Karva Chauth with a green cause
- Ayodhya verdict: Nirmohi Akhara to also move Supreme Court
- Muslim panel to appeal Ayodhya verdict but open to compromise (Third Lead)
- Muslim panel to appeal against Ayodhya verdict (Second Lead)
- Muslim panel to appeal against Ayodhya verdict
- Muslim panel discusses Ayodhya verdict
- Where a professor is Ram, a student Sita in Ramlila
- Nirmohi Akhara wants Kalam, Deoband in Ayodhya mediation
- Many Muslims against taking Ayodhya row to apex court
- Kashmir part of India: Deoband clerics
- Ayodhya verdict: Waqf board resolves to move apex court
- Nirmohi Akhara ready for out-of-court settlement
- Ayodhya Muslim litigant visits seer to urge negotiated settlement
- ‘To solve Ayodhya, court had to step out of law book’
- Shia youth group offers donation to build Ram temple
- Mulayam hits out at Ayodhya judgment
- India less tense after court verdict on holy site
- No temple was demolished for mosque: Justice S.U. Khan
- No proof mosque was built in Babar’s reign: Justice Sudhir Agarwal
- Ayodhya site is Lord Ram’s birthplace: Justice D.V. Sharma
- Two judges for dividing Ayodhya land, but one favoured temple
- Muslims to appeal in Supreme Court
- Indian court: Hindus, Muslims must share holy site
- Ayodhya verdict: Okay to Ram temple, land to Muslims too (Roundup)
- We will appeal, won\’t surrender: Sunni lawyer
- Disputed Ayodhya land will be shared by three
- Indian court divides disputed holy site
- Help build a temple, Hindu lawyer tells Muslims
- Lawyer to appeal court ruling on Indian holy site
- Ayodhya land to be divided in three: Prasad
- Lawyer: Disputed India holy site to be divided
- Temple site is where Ram was born: lawyer