MECCA(GaeaTimes.com)- Hajj is the annual pilgrimage of Muslims to Mecca which takes place from the 8th to 12th day of Dhu al-Hijjah, the last month of Muslim calender.
PORTLAND, Ore. - Prosecutors in the trial of the Oregon leader of an Islamic charity branch used appeals to provoke prejudice and emotion that included waving the Quran in the air and throwing it on the table in front of jurors, his lawyers say in a request for a new trial.
EUGENE, Ore. - A longtime friend of a man accused of using an Islamic charity to smuggle money to Muslim fighters in Chechnya has testified that defendant Pete Seda wanted to promote peace and help orphans.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's telecom regulator has shut down three websites that were violating a government decree limiting the issuance of religious edicts to the country's most senior group of clerics, authorities said Saturday.
PARIS - Protests in Pakistan, al-Qaida warnings, skittish Muslim tourists: France's plan to do away with burqa-style veils is already reverberating far beyond its borders.
- Kenya: Sudan presidential visit 'in our interest'
- Saudi cleric slammed over fatwa on women cashiers
- 1001 Inventions: Science in Muslim lands
- Shiites say Bahrain crackdown sets back relations
- Nigeria: Election pressure mounts for quiet leader
- Obama supports 'the right' for ground zero mosque
- Obama backs mosque near ground zero
- Saudi to test giant clock in Mecca during Ramadan
- Saudi: OK to uncover face in anti-burqa countries
- Spain parliament rejects burqa ban _ for now
- Pakistan's Karachi wracked by spate of killings
- Saudi journalist who interviewed bin Laden resigns
- Iranian cleric wants creation of 'Greater Iran'
- US panel names 13 countries as religious violators
- Saudi cleric fired for advocating mixing of sexes
- Iraq PM: Sunni-backed bloc must be in govt
- Saudi cleric announces visit to Jerusalem
- Saudi woman blasts clerics in TV contest poem
- Iraqi PM starts laying groundwork for new govt
- Egypt's top Muslim cleric dies of heart attack
- Iran casts its shadow over high-stakes Iraq vote
- Women take prominent role in Iraqi vote
- Top cleric urges Iraqis to turn out for March vote
- US seeks to shore up support for tough Iran stance
- No Valentine's: Saudi religious police see red
- Rights group slams treatment of Mideast minorities
- Biden holds talks in Iraq over election blacklist
- Saudi-Iran frictions at graves revered by Shiites
- Vatican's top cleric in Arabia walks a thin line