WASHINGTON - Like any other father of a growing daughter, Barack Obama too has to sometimes summon the help of God.
WASHINGTON - An international Sikh group has appealed to all Sikh gurdwaras and institutions to celebrate March 14, the day Guru Har Rai became the 7th Sikh Guru in 1644 AD, as Sikh Environment Day.
WASHINGTON - A Sikh advocacy group joined by several other civil rights organizations have urged California's Indian-American Attorney General Kamala Harris not to oppose a bearded Sikh who wants to serve as a prison guard.
WASHINGTON - A Sikh community advocacy group has warned the community to be prepared for the "reality that Sikhs should now always expect to be secondarily screened at American airports." The warning was issued by The Sikh Coalition in its revised guidance for "Airport Screening Procedures as Applied to Sikh Travellers and Your Rights as a Sikh Air Traveller." "Significantly, Sikhs should now expect to be secondarily screened 100 percent of the time at American airports, even after passing through so-called Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) machines," it said.
WASHINGTON - Over 40 million Christmas trees are expected to be sold in the US this season but Americans are divided over whether to buy a fake or a real tree.
- Citing Diwali in Mumbai, Obama plugs new era of engagement
- Obama skipping Golden Temple in Time’s ‘Top 10 Religion Stories’
- Deepak Chopra launches graphic novel on Buddha’s life
- Spiritual leader Sri Daya Mata dies in US
- Hanukkah Begins
- Sikh group to launch global ecological movement
- White House celebrates Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary
- Obama lauds Sikh Americans’ many contributions
- US gives India high marks on religious freedom
- First US Sikh soldier completes training with faith intact
- Oklahoma voters ban shariah law
- Sikh Americans disappointed at Obama skipping Golden Temple
- Obama may visit Golden Temple during next visit: Aide
- Sikh Americans not buying Obama excuse for skipping Amritsar
- Sikh Americans campaign for Obama trip to Amritsar
- Sikhs twitter Obama to visit Amritsar
- Sikhs disappointed Obama is skipping Amritsar
- Sikh Americans agog over Obama’s Amritsar trip
- Free speech cases at top of Supreme Court's agenda
- GreenFaith names Hindu and Jain scholar in residence
- Obamas attend Sunday services at Episcopal church
- Pence is tops in conservatives' straw vote
- Seattle cartoonist goes into hiding on FBI advice
- Sikhs in US happy Obama may visit Golden Temple
- Rival rallies over Islamic centre mark 9/11
- Obama cites national unity after Sept. 11 attacks
- Events begin marking 9th anniversary of Sept. 11
- Obama remembers Sept. 11, calls for unity
- US pastor agrees ‘in principle’ not to burn Quran
- Islam controversies cast shadow over 9/11 events
- If a church or Hindu temple okay at ground zero, why not mosque?: Obama
- Gingrich urges moderation amid Quran-burning furor
- Indian artist seeks dialogue on faith in age of terror
- Clinton greets Indians on Eid
- US pastor rethinking on cancelling Quran burning (Third Lead)