DUBLIN - A panel of terrorism experts ruled Wednesday that a Protestant militant group in Northern Ireland, the Ulster Volunteer Force, killed a Belfast man in May and broke its promise to renounce violence.
DUBLIN - Political and religious leaders pleaded Wednesday for Catholic teenagers and children engaged in Belfast rioting to stop before one of them is killed and becomes a martyr for Irish Republican Army dissidents.
DUBLIN - Northern Ireland police came under live fire during a third straight night of Belfast unrest in scenes that a Catholic priest described Wednesday as "a Disney theme park for rioting." The leaders of Northern Ireland's Protestant-Catholic government, Peter Robinson and Martin McGuinness, said they would meet police commander Matt Baggott to discuss ways of quelling the recurring night-time mob violence by Irish nationalists in working-class Catholic areas.
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland's political and security leaders condemned Irish nationalist militants Tuesday who injured 82 police officers during two nights of rioting sparked by the province's annual parades by the British Protestant majority.
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Authorities in Northern Ireland faced a major cleanup Tuesday following two nights of sectarian rioting that left more than 50 officers injured during a major Protestant holiday.
- Belfast police, Catholic rioters clash over parade
- Orangemen march after Belfast riot; 27 police hurt
- Northern Ireland firebrand makes Parliament exit
- NIreland lawmakers back next power-sharing step
- NIreland Assembly to vote on next peacemaking step
- NIreland's Paisley to quit Parliament after 40 yrs
- Real IRA faction says it 'executed' NIreland man
- New Belfast pact faces many tests, little trust
- NIreland's power-sharing govt saved with new deal
- Timeline of Belfast struggle for unity government
- Protestants accept deal to save NIreland govt
- Sinn Fein: Belfast talks over, new pact possible
- Protestant split imperils new Belfast deal
- Politician: Protestant split over new Belfast deal
- Northern Ireland deal temporarily delayed
- NIreland Catholics, Protestants close to new pact
- NIreland parties struggling to save coalition pact
- NIreland parties near deal to save coalition pact
- UK, Dublin offer compromise plan for NIreland
- UK, Irish premiers offer path to new Belfast deal
- Northern Ireland talks face critical day
- British, Irish seek to save NIreland government
- British, Irish hold talks to save NIreland govt
- Unraveling Ulster government faces all-night talks
- Unraveling Belfast government faces 'High Noon'
- Mrs. Robinson's affair with teen rocks NIreland
- Outlawed NIreland association says it has disarmed