LONDON - Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams was quoted Saturday as saying he is not opposed to the appointment of gay people as bishops, if they pledge to remain celibate.
BIRMINGHAM, England - The Vatican declared Pope Benedict XVI's four-day visit to Britain a "great success" Sunday, saying the pontiff was able to reach out to a nation wary of his message and angry at his church's sex abuse scandal.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Pope Benedict XVI is celebrating Mass to beatify Cardinal John Henry Newman and in that ceremony he has offered a personal reflection on the evilness of the Nazi regime.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Pope Benedict XVI celebrated Mass on Sunday to beatify Cardinal John Henry Newman, the 19th century Anglican convert held up by the pope as a model for the faithful because he followed his conscience at great personal cost.
LONDON - Pilgrims and protesters are greeting Pope Benedict XVI on the second day of his state visit to Britain.
- Popemobile Upgraded to Carry Pope Bedict
- Pope acknowledges church failures in abuse scandal
- A brief look at the pope's British visit
- Grant to miss West Ham match due to Yom Kippur
- Ice cream ad banned as "offensive" to Catholics
- Victims of childhood abuse demand action from pope
- Pope Benedict XVI’s U.K. Visit A Big Event?
- Experts: Belfast militants killed man, broke truce
- Pope travels to Britain amid indifference, outrage
- Smaller crowds anticipated in UK for papal visit
- Pope Benedict XVI’s Visit Not Favored By Many
- US man's healing prompts Newman's beatification
- Former British PM Tony Blair gets Liberty Medal
- Pope breaks own rule to beatify Anglican convert
- American Flag Burning Planned By Radicals
- Pope thanks UK for 'vast' efforts for trip
- French bid to ban veils worries allies, tourists
- Susan Boyle to sing for the pope during UK tour
- 1001 Inventions: Science in Muslim lands
- UK: Adoption charity can't ban gay couples
- Pilgrims must pay to attend 2 pope events in UK
- Catholics must pay to attend 2 pope events in UK
- APNewsBreak: Dutch lawmaker forms anti-Islam group
- Belfast leaders decry youths' zeal for rioting
- Police dodge gunfire in 3rd night of Belfast riots
- 82 police injured in Belfast's 2 nights of riots
- Belfast faces big cleanup after 2 nights of riots
- Church of England paves the way for women bishops
- Church of England allows women bishops
- Belfast police, Catholic rioters clash over parade
- Orangemen march after Belfast riot; 27 police hurt
- Church of England debates allowing women bishops
- UK removes blog post praising late Lebanese cleric
- News reports: gay priest rejected for UK bishopric
- A gay bishop for the Church of England?